Q: denie workman comp for my arm. now fired because of it.

I was a stay at home father for three years. So once my 4yr old son started school. I decided to for back to work in my field of management. I started a job at gordmans retail store with is owned by a big company called Stage Store. Well I hurt me left arm back in October and have been seen by many different doctors. Well the company is closing all their gordmans store. And just yesterday 02-21-2020 I got fired because the company my status from my doctors. I told my Doctor that the need to fill out a form telling then my status. Well Because the doctor didn't fill it out. My job told my that since i am unable to perform my job they have to fire me. Well in the past month they try to fired me for something else. but because The way I worked my statement they was unable. I have Audio Recording of when they have talk to me.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: This is a complex and fact-intensive scenario that you would need to discuss with an attorney to receive any kind of meaningful direction. Your post remains open for four weeks, but one option you could consider is to contact a Wisconsin workers' comp attorney to discuss the denial of the WC claim in further detail. You could also consider contacting an employment law attorney if you want to discuss the matter of being fired. You could find Wisconsin attorneys in both categories (above in the Find-a-Lawyer tab), or you could search on your own. Some attorneys could offer you a free initial consult - that is something to discuss and ascertain beforehand with individual attorneys. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.