East Orange, NJ asked in Foreclosure for New Jersey

Q: My house in Ocala, FL was foreclosed and sold in 2007. Got wage garnish judgement in 2020. Next best course of action?

The application is on a DJ docket number so the case has been closed. How can I resolve this matter best, as I cannot afford to lose my wages or afford $158,000?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ivan Raevski
Ivan Raevski
  • Foreclosure Defense Lawyer
  • Metuchen, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: if you already have a wage garnishment against you, bankruptcy would likely be the most viable option to wipe out the debt and remove the garnishment. schedule a free consultation with bankruptcy attorney to discuss your options. most of us bankruptcy attorneys offer free consultations and flexible payment plans.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.