Maiden, NC asked in Child Custody for South Carolina

Q: Have my 1st court hearing for child custody on Tuesday March 3rd would like to speak to lawyer for legal advice.

Found out ex wife has been living in home with my son for over a year with no electricity or hot water, their was no custody agreement in place so I got my son out of that situation put him with me and enrolled him in school at the beginning of February and got him a drs appointment done, check up at Dr revealed he has 4 cavaties and I got a referral to a dentist he does not brush his teeth or bathe like he's supposed to at his mom's, told my ex wife why I took him when I took him because of the living situation and she waited until she got tax money to go file temporary custody papers on meand took my son , I am in NC she is in SC my son has always stayed with her and everything has been fine until she bought her own house last year without doing the proper steps to make it a Home I have court with her for child custody on Tuesday March 3rd, if I could speak to lawyer about evidence I have against her to make sure I have a strong case I would greatly appreciate it

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ryan D Templeton
Ryan D Templeton
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Summerville, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: You need to reach out to an attorney in the county where the temporary hearing is scheduled immediately so that they can be ready for a hearing next week!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.