Asked in Probate for Oklahoma

Q: My grandfather will probate was done incorrectly therefore invalid. Does that mean his property still belonged to him

The property was to b inherited by my aunt . She died b4 probate was completed leaving her kids as inheritors. They evicted me from property I had lived on 10+yrs. Over a year later we were notified the probate was done incorrectly therefore invalid. Was my eviction legal

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ben F Meek III
Ben F Meek III
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Oklahoma City, OK

A: More information is needed in order to answer your question. It depends on the terms of his Will and how it was written. It may also depend on who else of your grandfather's heirs were alive when he died. Your rights, if any, may also be cut off by appeals deadlines or statutes of limitation. You need to talk to an experienced probate lawyer in your area as soon as possible. can help you find one. Many offer free initial consultations. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.