Houston, TX asked in Child Custody and Criminal Law for Texas

Q: The mother moved out of state without my consent or the courts. She also has a gross misdemeanor charge. Custody rights?

She moved out of state and interfered with ability to speak and visit my children. She was held in contempt of court for that. She also has no job, and an active warrant for a gross misdemeanor for injure or tampering with a vehicle during a custody exchange 2 years ago. Will this affect her ability to have joint legal custody for a hearing we have next week if its brought to the judge's attention?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rahlita D. Thornton
Rahlita D. Thornton
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Yes those are factors that are important in custody determinations. Good luck. 888-343-4529.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.