Tyler, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: Will my parole get violated if I get a misdemeanor theft, enhanced to a state jail felony, while under supervision?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Staci Krause
Staci Krause
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Yes. Your parole is violated if you commit any new offense while on parole. Now, whether you will be revoked for that is another story. That is going to be up to the parole board after a parole revocation hearing is held, which is only done after the pending case is resolved. It will depend on how well you've been doing on the parole, and what the ultimate outcome of your case is, and who your hearing officer is.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.