Meridian, ID asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Idaho

Q: Do i have rights over my daughter since she lives with me fulltime now and i pay for her daycare and still pay child sup

Her mom was homless living in her van with her bf till she got her tax return now she lives in a hotel. But its only a matter of time before she runs out of money. Even she work part time at mcdonalds. And uses the child support to pay for her vehicle. Im just wondering how do i get full custody

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: If I were you I would file a Petition for Guardianship. The Court will require the mother to be there before it makes a decision. If the Court grants your petition, you will step artificially into the shoes of the bio mother in making all decisions on behalf of the child. Good luck to you!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.