Seattle, WA asked in Trademark for Washington

Q: My husband sold a game to a company that is no longer in business and trademark has lapsed. How do we obtain rights?

Discovery Bay Games, Seattle. Game is Two Bridges

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jason Brooks
Jason Brooks
  • Trademarks Lawyer
  • los angeles, CA

A: If a trademark is deemed “abandoned” by the USPTO, then it is a dead mark and any new applicant must start the registration process from the beginning by preparing a new application for registration of that mark. Because of the history of your husband with respect to this game, there may be more to this, with respect to actual rights in the game, etc. If you would like to discuss further feel free to email me at

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.