New York, NY asked in Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for New York

Q: Can a lawyer help me sue the NYCTP and NYPD for continuously harassment and my minor son?

After my ex husband failing to get me deported. He went ahead and made false allegations about me and my minor son to the police. We are always being harassed like criminals. We are labeled thieves in the stores despite the fact that I have no criminal history. My ex is NYPD retired detective so he obviously knows how to manipulate the system but we have no freedom. Plus the unreasonable surveillance with no probable cause. This whole situation is affecting my employment prospects too. Please advise

1 Lawyer Answer
James Avery
James Avery
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Denver, CO
  • Licensed in New York

A: Local police corruption can be reported to the Dept of Justice (FBI).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.