Houston, TX asked in DUI / DWI for Texas

Q: Why wont the prosecutor throw put my DWI case when i obviously didn't do it?

I had a seizure in my vehicle as I am an epileptic. The police arrested me for DWI. I had no alcohol in my system, but now they say my THC levels were too high, but no marijuana or paraphernalia was in the car.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Roy Lee Warren
Roy Lee Warren
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • San Marcos, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I am sorry for your troubles. If the State cannot prove the "amount" or a quantitative level of the THC that would cause "loss of use of your normal mental or physical faculties" it will not be able to prove your case. In that situation my opinion would be to take the case to trial. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.