Seattle, WA asked in Immigration Law for Oregon

Q: For filling I 130 for my current husband i need to provide information for my pervious marriage that it was bona fide.


I got my green-card based on marriage and i got divorce 4 months ago because of different factors. We were married for 2 years and 8 months and my first greencard issued for 10 years.

Now after my divorce i Got married to my best friend and apply for his greencard . He is here in USA and have status for coming years based on his PHD degree.

For filling I 130 for my current husband i need to provide information for my pervious marriage that it was bona fide.

Since i got divorce from my Ex i have only bank statements from past and car lease payments and joint bank account to the last day of our marriage.

Do you think they are enough evidence?!

Any recommendations for my case?!

FYI I got my green-card about 7 months ago.

Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Amanda B Cook
Amanda B Cook
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Montgomery, AL

A: If you have a ten year green card, and your husband has separate status, I'm confused as to why you are filling out any sort of marriage based application for either of you. Does he (new husband) not have a green card? If he has a PhD can he not self-petition? If he can go that route, that is much more recommended in your situation. You really should go see an attorney to talk about this whole situation. Your last marriage is definitely about to be heavily questioned if you file this petition for your new husband.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.