Asked in Divorce, Family Law and Domestic Violence for Oregon

Q: How can my daughter ask to use her toy hauler from husband if they have a no contact

My daughter filed divorce and restraining order her husband has possession of a camp trailer the purchased that shows her as the buyer on bill of sale she wants to use the trailer but she has no idea where he has stashed it how can she go about recovery of this she has it in divorce papers as an item to be sold and split the $ when sold but she’d like to use it what can she do

1 Lawyer Answer
Joanne Reisman
Joanne Reisman
  • Portland, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: Look, getting away from a domestic violence is far more important than a toy hauler. She should research the value, and ask the court to include the value in the division of assets. The court then tries to divide the property equally and can award money or physical property. The path of least resistance is to not fight over assets that husband has hidden, but rather ask for other assets or cash to equalize the division. It really helps to hire an Attorney to help do this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.