Terre Haute, IN asked in Criminal Law for Indiana

Q: I'm court approved to serve out my sentencing in a rehabilitation facility, can I leave when my sentencing is over with?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mike Cunningham
Mike Cunningham
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Brookville, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: This depends on what the Sentencing Order says. If the Sentencing Order states, for example, that you must return to the jail after you have completed your rehabilitation services then you may not simply leave after you are finished with your time at the facility. It is best to consult with an attorney about this specific question. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.