Philadelphia, PA asked in Sexual Harassment and Criminal Law for Pennsylvania

Q: I am being stalked and harassed via the web. Lewd, lacivious, awful calls and texts. All “anonymous” from an app.

These calls and texts also being sent to my loved ones, saying horrible and awful things about me. Also trying to extort money and property from my family, specifically my mother. I know who it is but cannot prove it without the subpoena from the app Text Free. This person is also sharing personal, confidential information. I was diagnosed with and std from this very same person and want to file charges of aggravated assault, stalking, amongst a few others.

Very complicated, and horrible situation that is ruining my life, my health and all of my relationships. And I am in desperate need of advice in regards to this.

1 Lawyer Answer
Cary B. Hall
Cary B. Hall
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Norristown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Initially, file a report with your local police. They should be able to get the subscriber information from Text Free, and then press charges against the individual from there.

If the individual has some assets, you can then consider filing a civil lawsuit against that person later.

Best of luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.