Lawrenceville, GA asked in Personal Injury for Georgia

Q: My apartment has locked my rental portal to pay is going to a payment center and that is putting my daughter

My apartment has locked my rental portal to pay my rent and are saying the only way I can pay it is to go into a payment center however that is putting my daughter and I at risk for covid-19 and I would like to know what are my options in terms of suing or forcing them to unlock the account

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar

A: I'm sorry for your ordeal. You could try reposting in the Landlord-Tenant section, or you could directly contact a Georgia L-T lawyer you find here on this site (Find-a-Lawyer, above), or one you find through your own independent search. You're in the Personal Injury section and your matter is more closely related to L-T law; that might have caused your question to remain open until now. I don't think there is the basis for a personal injury lawsuit here (you ask about suing, but you're free to ask another lawyer for their opinion), but maybe if a lawyer could give you input about online measures that could possibly protect your daughter's safety, that could be worth a try. If you repost and ask your question again here, it's free, but if you're going to contact a lawyer, any fees are between you and them. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.