Roswell, GA asked in Personal Injury and Real Estate Law for Georgia

Q: I have a private pond. What can I do to notify others and legally protect myself in the event a trespasser gets injured?

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar

A: Legal measures could consist of checking existing insurance coverage, providing adequate notice in the way of warning signs, and checking local ordinances. Safety measures could consist of fencing (if feasible, based on size of pond), grill or cover (if pond is small enough), safety equipment such as life ring or ice ladder (based on winter temps), and maybe a consult with a water safety expert. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.