Fredericksburg, TX asked in Divorce for Texas

Q: Do I have to provide documentation on court ordered paternity test for divorce if child is not mine?

So I’ve filed for divorce and we’ve been separated since 2006. She had a child after we separated and I was court ordered to take a paternity test which proved the child was not mine. Do I need that proof for my divorce or is it already in the system? I’ve already received a hearing and she has signed all paperwork including waiver. Please help. I’m in Texas. Thank you.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rahlita D. Thornton
Rahlita D. Thornton
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If you have a final order concerning the paternity issue then you can proceed to your divorce. The court on the divorce will need proof thereof. Good luck. 888-343-4529.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.