Asked in Criminal Law for Alabama

Q: My step son had a armed robbery warrant for his arrest. On 10-28-2019 the police busted down my door and searched my

home. My step son was here but does not live here. When they finally showed us the warrent The search warrant was for his address and the description of the trailer was not my trailer, but they searched my house and seized all my firearms. (I got those back 3 months later.) When they were told they were at the wrong address they went back inside and "found" drugs. Me and my wife were charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Did they have the right to search my house?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kyle D Pierce
Kyle D Pierce
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Gadsden, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: If the warrant was for another house, then the evidence may be able to be suppressed. You need to hire a lawyer for your case quickly.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.