Lewistown, PA asked in Traffic Tickets for Pennsylvania

Q: I was cited for speeding by a stater trooper not in uniform in an unmarked vehicle who put wrong info on citation

He put wrong color of car and I received the citation 31 days after incident through mail it says I was clocked at 106 on a 65

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellis B. Klein
Ellis B. Klein
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Yardley, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You need to follow the instructions on the ticket and plead not guilty as you are facing 5 points plus a likely license suspension if you are convicted of that speed. The wrong color could possibly be a defense, but you may be better off trying to save your license. An experienced traffic attorney can help you to fight the case. Most attorneys, including myself give free consultations. The citation must be filed within 30 days of when the incident happened. If the officer was not in uniform, that me lead to questions as to how he was able to accurately determine your speed. Start calling experienced traffic attorneys for a consultation due to the seriousness of the ticket. Best of luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.