Idaho Falls, ID asked in DUI / DWI for Utah

Q: About 12 years ago I got pulled over and jailed for a Dui I made bail and never went to court..

I didn’t live in Utah so I never went to court. There is no warrant out for my arrest but when I called to pay my fines to get my license reinstated they told me I need to go to court. If I go to court would I be convicted or just have to pay a huge fine for not going to my court date when I was supposed to go? How bad does is this?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Aric M. Cramer
Aric M. Cramer
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • St. George, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: Many of these questions depend on the court and the current prosecutor. Call an attorney in the city where you got the ticket for a consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.