Anaheim, CA asked in Traffic Tickets for Arizona

Q: I have a citation for no registration, no seatbelt driving on a suspended license and headlight out. They are all over

Over 15 years I received them mostly all in one day from each jurisdiction, Peoria, Glendale, Phoenix, Tempe, Mesa. I even served time in jail for about a week. How can I get them reduced or dismiss

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Zachary Divelbiss
Zachary Divelbiss pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: In Arizona, we do not have a law that allows for expungements. However, we do have a law that allows for "Set Asides". This essentially is the AZ equivalent of an expungement or sealing records.

In your situation, it seems as if these offenses occurred 15 years ago and you were already punished by going to jail. If that is the case, the courts likely wouldn't have the records anymore as they would have been purged after 5 years. That being said, some organizations will still be able to pull up the records on background checks through the archives.

If you believe that these citations occurred 15 years ago but you never completed the punishment and a warrant is out for your arrest or you still owe money to the courts, then you need to contact contact us asap.

You can reach us directly so we can provide a free consultation about your specific case and how best to help you. or 602-900-6642.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.