Asked in Estate Planning for California

Q: I believe I can prove undue influence, coercion and fraud for my inheritance. I have no money. What should I do?

I have a ton of information. This is regarding the estate of my aunt and uncle. They have no children. I am their neice and caretaker. This is gross injustice and hard to swallow what should I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David Ostrove
David Ostrove
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Los Angeles, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You need to find a lawyer who will take your case on a contingency basis. This will not be easy to do, in my opinion. Proving undue influence is a difficult, time-consuming task. I wish you luck.

Zaher Fallahi and Nina Whitehurst agree with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.