Redwood City, CA asked in Criminal Law and Animal / Dog Law for California

Q: Ex roommate stole our cat, and is threatening to go to police over something something illegal my bf did a month ago

She said that if I don’t give her my cats ownership that she would go to police over what my bf had done. I had to move away and my cat was left to my bf. My bf then moved and asked her to watch the cat for a few week and he would come back to get her. Once he had called to let her know, she declined and said the cat was better of with her. She blocked him and left the house were we all we're living. I then called her and ask for my cat and she threatened to call the police over something my bf had done if I didn’t give up my ownership of my cat because we “abandoned” the cat with her. Which is completely false. What can I do ?

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info needed.

you are between 2 hard choices. A lot would depend on what your boyfriend did. What does he say?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.