Simpsonville, SC asked in Small Claims for South Carolina

Q: Nephew's wedding was cancelled. Photographer will not refund. No contract was signed.

It was booked in January 2019. Photographer has also been charging them for emails, texts, and phone calls which was never disclosed. What can they do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ryan D Templeton
Ryan D Templeton
  • Summerville, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: A complaint can be filed in magistrate court as long as the amount is less than $7,500.00 and present this issue to a magistrate to resolve. It would probably be a good idea to speak with an attorney in your area to see if they might be able to help you with this. In some cases attorneys will take a case like this on a contingent fee meaning that you don't have to pay anything for the representation but the attorney would take the a fee out of any recovery.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.