Saint Helena Island, SC asked in Estate Planning and Probate for South Carolina

Q: Can I be made to move out of a place that I have been living there for the last 6 to 7 years while my grandparents proba

Before my grandparents passed away. I helped on the farm..When things got broken, grass needed to be cut or anything on the 55 acres I would do. My father passed away when I was 15, do I least get my father's half? My uncle is making me move out of a place that is my home, the place is still going through probate court..I have not done anything to him..I helped my grandparents more than he did..

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Crossville, TN

A: You need to hire a probate attorney to help you sort this out. You may or may not be entitled to a share of your grandparent's estate, but you need to act quickly so you do not lose your rights due to failure to timely assert them in the probate case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.