Shawnee, OK asked in Family Law and Adoption for Oklahoma

Q: how do i file for voluntary parental rights terminations?

my ex husband and i have been divorced since 2016 and i have sole custody of our two daughters. he is 20,000.00 behind in child support and has visitation with them in the state of fiance wants to adopt them and change their last name to his.

my daughters want the same thing and i am trying too see how to go about filing the paperwork.

my ex husband has agreed to sign over his rights where do i start to terminated his parental rights and adoption papers for my girls?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Pete David Louden
Pete David Louden
  • Family Law Lawyer
  • Norman, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Adoptions are so complex that most attorneys will not even attempt an adoption. It is not a do it yourself project so your first step should be to hire an experienced adoption attorney. They will be able to help you get this done.

I wish you the best of luck with your case

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.