Deltona, FL asked in Family Law and Child Support for Florida

Q: Second question. My twins felon dad reduced his $135 /mo child support order to $50 a month. I wasn't consulted, ever.

Dad is in PA, they always have favored him as I'm a single mom, then of 4. Since I'm a nurse, it's not "fair" I ask for support my case worker said. Heard her tell him to keep helping me... he never helped me. He is a narcissist and everyone loves him. Hr is a felon as ge stole ex girlfriend's credit cards and ran them up I found out. I cant believe. No I can believe she fell for his lies. Might as well been his case worker. He tends to get his way. Since he abused steroids, maybe they pity his organ failure. Idk I'm an angry mom nurse. I have struggled 12vyears alone with our children. $50 is laughable. How much will this cost me? Is it even worth it anymore? Forgive my anger. He tried to kill me during my pregnancy. Too afraid to get help, he never was charged for me. He was for his next victim when she was pregnant with their daughter though.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jeffrey Snyder
Jeffrey Snyder
  • Jacksonville, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Did the court approve the child support of $50.00? If no, you need to hire a family law attorney to get a court order for the proper amount. If yes, then there is nothing you can do because the court has ordered the $50.00. You can request a modification, but child support is statutory calculation and it is based on both of your incomes, how many days the child stays where, etc. For instance, if you are making a lot more money than him, or he is unemployed, that is the reason for such a low support order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.