Rindge, NH asked in Business Law for New Hampshire

Q: Home was foreclosed on in 2010. Bank is making us pay payments and we ran out of $. They want us to sign forbearance

We were supposed to receive investment $ this month but haven't because of virus. We both signed up for SS because we are 64 years old. We may get money next month, but not sure with the virus situation. If we explain our situation to them, can they still take us to court hoping we may get money in the future? (603) 494-5867. Gail

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: will depend. ask them for the grace period that was enacted recently.

it may be one to three months. you would have to pay and get back on schedule after that.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.