Asked in Criminal Law for Alabama

Q: Is it possible to file to dismiss a case that I’ve almost completed probation on because of several screw ups

My court appointed drug testing and classes are done by a girl I went to school with and she refused to see me for over a year now also my lawyer hasn’t been in court and many other mess ups on the courts part

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kyle D Pierce
Kyle D Pierce
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Gadsden, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: If you’ve pled out already, the case is likely over, if it is a misdemeanor. If this is a major crime, there might be Rule 32 Relief available. To get to the bottom of that, you’d need to retain a criminal defense lawyer that can more easily go over the facts than we can be done on this forum.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.