Dublin, CA asked in Criminal Law, Real Estate Law, Energy, Oil and Gas and Federal Crimes for California

Q: What happens if I don't pay for repairs on my condemned home in California I own home out right

The city came in and condemn the home due to tampering with PG&e and they said they were condemning the home due to insufficient lighting but yet they want $7,000 for the bill on PG&e that I don't have and I'm not going to pay what can happen to my home due to not paying

1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan Purcell
Jonathan Purcell
  • Licensed in California

A: I suggest you do what is required to keep your home. One option would be a home equity loan to pay for the repairs and upgrade.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.