Ogden, UT asked in Immigration Law for Utah

Q: What type of requirements do I need to have in order to petition my parents that are already in the Us at the age of 21?

My family are in California, but I am in Utah

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adan Vega
Adan Vega
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX

A: You must be a U.S. citizen if you wish to file the relative petition (FORM I-130) on behalf of each of your parents. The FORM I-130 must be accompanied with supporting evidence that includes at minimum your birth certificate and/or U.S. passport and marriage certificate of your parents.

If your parents are lawfully present in the U.S. then the following can be filed with additional and separate supporting documentation : FORMs I-485/I-765/I-131/I-864/I-944.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.