Stone Mountain, GA asked in Personal Injury for Georgia

Q: i need an attorney in Georgia who can assist with a personal injury. I was infected with infective urethritis and hsv1.

I have been depressed, harassed, taunted and he has gone to people and lied about the fact that he is doing this. He has slandered, libel, intentional injured, its on tape as well that he admitted and does not care.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: Sounds like it was a person you are acquainted with. The problem is even if you sued them you probably wouldn't see any money if he has no money to pay with. If he was a medical person attending to you that would be different. You may be able to press an assault charge if he knew he was infected at the time he did whatever he did to you, but that would only, at best, get you restitution. But it could lead to his being prosecuted. As to the other things, you could possibly get a harassment charge against him. Contact a member of the Ga. Trial Lawyers Association.They give free consults.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.