Tampa, FL asked in Family Law, Appeals / Appellate Law and Juvenile Law for Florida

Q: If dcf has started and investigation and files a petition..

If dcf files a petition for an emergency removal and the statments they have obtained and are using as evidence in the petition can be proven untrue example, "if they say they have spoken to someone but they actually have never spoken to them" what can the parents do about the situation in regards to getting their child back? And what legal standing do they have against dcf. Can we get the whole case thrown out due to proving there so called evidence is false. Also, what can we do to them legally about us missing the time that we have with our children? Is there a way to appeal the shelter hearing all together that way we don't have to wait until the next hearing to prove the evidence is untrue and we can get our children back as soon as possible.

1 Lawyer Answer
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Tallahassee, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: The family will have to hire a lawyer to represent the PARENTS of the child now in DCF’s care.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.