Galveston, TX asked in Child Custody for Texas

Q: I was never served for a court date and the father was granted full custody. What do I do to get my rights back?

the visitation they said I have to follow (which I still don't have my own copies of the custody court papers) state I am to have supervised visitations for only two hours at his residence on 1st 3rd and 5th Saturdays. This is what they stated to me. The father won't even speak to me, I have to go through the live in girlfriend in which we do not get along and has kept them from even allowing them to talk to me.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rahlita D. Thornton
Rahlita D. Thornton
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: An attorney would be best suited to figure out the legalities of the service issue. Your time is limited to complain. As an attorney I wish parents could work together for the best interests of the child. I hope your child will be ok despite it all. Good luck 888-343-4529.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.