Fort Pierce, FL asked in DUI / DWI for Florida

Q: DUI in 2013. Never fished interlock due to boating. How can I now get my DL back in FL? Interlock was removed.

I was at sea for a long time, and now I have no clue how to get my DL back. Is there a statute of limitations, or what will I have to do to regain my DL? Please HELP!!!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan Blecher
Jonathan Blecher
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Miami, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Whatever time you owe FLHSMV with an IID on your car still must be served...consecutively. No statute of limitation.

You can't do three months here and there, either.

Once you get the IID installed, you should be eligible for a hardship permit, or perhaps a regular license with an IID restriction.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.