Phoenix, AZ asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Arizona

Q: If the other parent hasn't followed the custody agreement how to do go about filing papers to inform the judge of this

The Father is showing up at my house without my knowledge at least 5 times can I file a restraining order

1 Lawyer Answer
Jay Hall
Jay Hall
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: There are a couple of discrete questions here. It is unclear what you mean when you say the other parent hasn't followed the custody agreement. Depending on the nature of the violations, you may be able to file a petition to enforce. But if the other parent simply declined to exercise his parenting time, there really isn't anything to enforce. Modification may be appropriate instead. This is something you should discuss with a family lawyer.

The circumstances surrounding his visits to your home also are unclear. It is possible these events would justify an order of protection, but more information would be needed to be sure.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.