Jackson, MS asked in Family Law and Child Support for Mississippi

Q: My ex. arrears balance is 84,000 for twins who are now 23. One has a handicap. Does this balance expire due to age?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Cleveland, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: Yes. Your children (or you acting on their behalf) have until their 28th birthday to initiate an action against your ex to collect the arrears, otherwise the balance may be wiped clean. I would highly encourage you to reach out to a family law attorney as soon as possible, so that an action can be brought against your husband for the arrears.

Feel free to reach out to any lawyer on here by clicking the contact information next to their name. Most lawyers on here, myself included, provide free consultations to see how we can help out.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.