Piedmont, SC asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for South Carolina

Q: DSS removed my child due to a positive drug screen that is not accurate due to a medication I'm prescribed

I'm prescribed Adderall and have been in a treatment program for many years during which all my drug screens have always came back clean. I have documentation of this as well. They have put my child in my soon to be ex's care who will not allow me to see her. The same situation happened when she was born where the hospital said she tested positive for meth when it was my Adderall and after wrecking my family and removing my child on a Fri I went up to the office that Mon with her medical records, my clean drug screens throughout the entire pregnancy and before and talked to the case worker who was understanding and realized the mistakes made allowing me to retrieve her that day. This case worker however is being extremely biased and only See's their hair test as proof and is once again ripping my family apart. My husband is incapable of putting his kids best interest before his own. Twins from a prior marriage and a daughter who is 20 he abandoned when he was 18. I need my child home

1 Lawyer Answer
Cheryl Ann Truesdale
Cheryl Ann Truesdale
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Greenville, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: What you haven't mentioned is if you've provided a statement from your doctor confirming that you are prescribed for Adderall.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.