Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Puerto Rico

Q: Mother of my two daughters left to Las Vegas without my permission. How do I enforce bringing them back to PR?


Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Carolina, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Hello and thank you for using Justia. You will need a certified copy of the Court Order and attached a Apostille Stamp from the State Department un Puerto Rico. With the document, you Will appear in the Las Vegas Court House and request a Court Marshalls assistance to get your daughters.

Jose M. Rivera Santos, Esq.
Jose M. Rivera Santos, Esq.
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Ponce, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Greetings:

You can file through your legal representation the course of action to regain and keep the legal custody of your kids, reinforce through the proper channels and agencies to proceed on securing the well being of your kids.

The first step should be to reinforce the court order and request an emergency hearing with your attorney present so the agencies (Puerto Rico and Las Vegas) can do their part.

If you have any other questions contact us directly and we will be glad to be at your service.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.