Tewksbury, MA asked in Civil Litigation, Bankruptcy, Consumer Law and Contracts for Massachusetts

Q: Can I reopen a CH 13 BK from years ago as its related to CURRENT litigation?

This CH 13 BK and adversary proceeding was handled by an attorney I hired (and who is now deceased). I ONLY started digging into the facts because the opposing attorney brought it up There are strong possibilities that not only was FOTC committed, but also, the judge's order was not complied with. (I've only recently made huge progress with serious health problems that prevented me from being able to function "normally" on a daily basis)

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: You can try. The reopening fee is $260.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.