Visalia, CA asked in Bankruptcy and Small Claims for California

Q: Bankruptcy and the trustee, where is the justice?

towed, left her stranded and no way to get her kids to school, took her friend to court and won the judgment after several attempts to collect with even the judge ordering her to make payments she forfeited and so the judge granted us the full payment and she still refused to make any kind of payment, we finally did a bank levy and did a wage garnishment, which triggered the friend to file bankruptcy, i feel like the trustee was not at all interested in helping the my girlfriend which is the creditor , and he caught the debtor in several lies, toward the end of the session, by the way we did over a zoom meeting, I felt like he was out for the debtor and her lawyer. He pretty much said that she has more debt than she does assets, I know that this is not true, and I asked what will happen, and the trustee said that she is pretty much getting her debt discharged and that we did not need to do anything else and good luck.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: If the discharge is granted to the friend, your girlfriend will be enjoined from trying to collect that debt in the future. Probably should hire a lawyer to see if they can obtain the money for you. It can be a very frustrating process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.