Kent, WA asked in Child Custody for Idaho

Q: CPS wants a hair folicle all tgings are closed can I send in my own?

They are not allowing them at all

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: CPS should be considered the "Police," because they are. As an example, if your hair folicle test shows that you've been smoking meth in the last 30 days, CPS (not the official police) will shut down your visits with your child(ren) instantly! Now, under the 14th Amendment, how in the world can a State agency shut down your visits with your own children? It's simple. The 14th Amendment guarantees that parents can raise their own children, . . . as long as the parent is fit to do so. There are lots of cases where the parents' 14th Amendment rights have been discarded and their parental rights actually terminated. So, the 14th Amendment is NOT a guarantee that you will be able to continue to do drugs (I'm not saying you are of course) and still see your kids. CPS has been delegated a LOT of power by the Idaho Legislature to act as a surrogate parent to children who have been taken away temporarily from a parent. CPS has the authority to do just about anything to protect your child(ren), including requiring YOU to take a hair follicle test! So, don't do anything yourself (because it won't help you). Call your "case manager" and ask them how they would like you to submit a hair follicle test, when all the offices are closed due to Covid-19? They will tell you what to do. Then, just make SURE you do what they tell you to. Good luck getting your kids back!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.