Burbank, CA asked in Estate Planning and Probate for California

Q: If he died was deported never married I have a child can I still get money

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mike Darlington
Mike Darlington
  • Redding, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: What I am getting from your question, and I may be wrong, is that you and the father of your child were never married, that he was deported and then died. Your question is, I believe, can you still get child support? If the father is deceased, of course, you cannot get child support from him, or his estate.

Now you may have different social programs you might qualify for that could give you assistance, or the child might have inheritance rights if there is an estate. You should probably consult with an attorney to explore those issues.

If this was not helpful for what you were asking, you might try again and be a little more specific as to what you are asking.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.