Burbank, CA asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Nevada

Q: Hi, when opening probate and signing POA over to probate attorney in Nevada do I need to revoke it?

I have an order to set aside estate without administration $100,000 and I never put the property in my name or bank account. Do I need to cancel the Power of Attorney? Then send Demand letter to bank? Or to probate lawyer after I revoke?

Also, There was deed assignment to Us Bank as Trustee for Wells Fargo after the set aside was ordered and I could not be found so probate attorney filed motion to dismiss as council. Will it be fraud if I transfer property after foreclosure? The order was recorded with no APN #. With whom do i need to send a demand letter to? My lawyer that handled the estate in which I gave poa to just in case I went missing? in which case I did. There was two orders recorded. Both being set aside estate without admin, both with no APN. #1 from the estate to me. #2 from myself to myself. I called my lawyer and she recommended "Self Help" Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Delwyn E. Webber
Delwyn E. Webber
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: I assume you signed a 'limited' power of attorney to enable the attorney to file the Set Aside. A Certified Court Order will allow you to transfer the bank accounts etc into your name so you should provide that to the Bank. If by 'property' you mean real estate, that you will need to also record a Certified Order to change the property into your name. Once you've done that, you could send the Attorney a notice that you have revoked the POA.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.