Asked in Immigration Law for New Jersey

Q: What evidence should my lawyers provide?

My lawyers accidentally issued the payment fee check incorrectly, which led to my extension petition rejection by the USCIS.

Because my I-94 expired before I departed from the US, I overstayed my visa even though my lawyers intended to file the extension before the I-94 expiration date.

What document should they provide me with so I can show evidence that my overstay wasn’t my fault?

- The document the USCIS sent to them stating that the chosen fee was not correct? Should it contain my personal information?

- If the lawyers wrote an explanation letter with all the details, would it be enough for the immigration and consular officers?

- I have a scanned copy of the filing, including the FedEx delivery. Because the FedEx delivery doesn’t show my personal information, I think this scanned copy would not work, would it?

Thank you very much for your help!


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Hector E. Quiroga
Hector E. Quiroga
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: Any and all that that would be appropriate.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.