Mendenhall, MS asked in Traffic Tickets for Mississippi

Q: What is the sentences for failure to comply/resisting in the state of Mississippi

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lance Mixon
Lance Mixon
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Flowood, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: The "failure to comply" charge carries up to 6 months in jail, a $500 fine plus court costs, or both, in addition to potentially being placed on supervised probation.

"Resisting arrest" is a separate offense, and it carries the exact same penalties as "failure to comply," which may be imposed - IF CONVICTED - to run concurrently (meaning together, or at the same time), or consecutively (meaning 6 months plus 6 months = potentially 1 year in jail - same for the fine amounts).

I notice that this question was asked from Mendenhall, MS. Mendenhall, and Simpson County in general, is a jurisdiction that I frequently go to and defend people accused of crimes, with great results for the clients who choose to hire me.

Lance Mixon

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.