Asked in Traffic Tickets and Civil Rights for Mississippi

Q: I had a warrant from evading a state trooper, but it wasn't me. Only have witnesses

Basically I had a warrant because someone either driving my car, or with a car like mines was running from highway patrol.. so I have all these tickets, but I have witnesses that was with me the whole time. Between my tag being stole the day before, and dropping my car off at the body shop earlier, I know it wasn't me.. im lost, can't afford a lawyer and only have my witness. What do I need to do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: I would still contact a lawyer. Most lawyers on here, myself included, offer free consultations to see how we can help out, and may be willing to work with you.

That being said, if you have the witnesses and documentation, that should be enough to establish reasonable doubt so that you would not be found not guilty.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.