Columbia, MS asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Civil Litigation for Mississippi

Q: My child's father came to get our child and has not returned her in almost 2 months.

I'm unable to communicate with her father and have to go through his fiance and she barely picks up the phone. I haven't talked with my child in weeks because they never pick up the phone. I contact via Facebook messenger and barely get a message back. I've asked over and over again when can I pick up my child, but I never get an answer. I want my child back please help me.

1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Madison, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: You need to get in touch with an experienced family law attorney. First and foremost, the main question that I have is whether there is a custody order already in place. If there is, that would outline all visitation matters, in which case there is a good chance that you can file a complaint against him since he would be in contempt of that order.

The main thing is getting with a lawyer sooner, rather than later. Most attorneys on here, myself included, offer free consultations to see how we can help out.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.