Tewksbury, MA asked in Family Law for New Hampshire

Q: If a Father signed over his rights in NH under false pretenses by the mother, Is there a way for him to get visitation?

Father thought he was making the best decision for his two children, the mother wasn't willing to work with him about anything and he didn't want to put his kids through that. She told him he could still see them and be in their lives but five years later and that is not the case. He hasn't been allowed any contact. His parents, see the kids once a month. He re-married and now has other children, do they have any rights? The mother pushed the father away and replaced him, they weren't divorced a week before she remarried to someone. We are in MA and they are in NH, I didn't know if that made a difference. Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brian Waller
Brian Waller

A: If the case where this happened was in NH originally and the kids still live in NH, this would be a NH case and the laws may be slightly different. In general, unless there was something in the written agreement he probably doesn't have much of an argument, unfortunately. Obviously, every case is different and this is a complicated issue, so there is no way to give a black and white answer without reading the court order and finding out more information. You may want to reach out to a few attorneys in NH to discuss the details and ask if they have handled cases like this before.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.