Huntsville, AL asked in Adoption and Child Custody for Alabama

Q: Is it possible for me to get custody of my daughters sister ?

Now ex old lady was cheating on me. Bringing the girls (2&1) with her to do so lying saying she was babysitting. When she was really there doing drugs. I’ve got enough on her to get full custody of My daughter easily, but her daughter would end up in the system. Her daughter already had her daddy pick a needle over her, and now her mama is picking pills and coke over her. Is there any way I can end up with custody of both girls ? I’ve been in her life pretty much all of it. I just don’t want her lost in the system. Me and the baby mother are not together and weren’t married.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sheila Crumley Field
Sheila Crumley Field
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: Maybe. If there are no other family members that want her or are a suitable placement then, yes you have a shot at getting her also. The fact that you have her sister is also in your favor.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.